2020 CAREER4SEA Virtual Awards
SAFETY4SEA is delighted to announce the CAREER4SEA Virtual Awards for the third consecutive year. The process to be employed is a combination of open nomination while the presentation shall take place at a dedicated special event at the opening of the CAREER4SEA Virtual Forum.
The Award categories are:
CAREER4SEA Educational Award
To be awarded to any organization (University, Maritime Academy or other institution) that has advanced maritime education in any aspect, acting as an industry leader developing younger generations in shipping
CAREER4SEA Ship Operator Award
To be awarded to any ship operator/manager that has contributed towards attracting and developing younger generations in shipping or with the implementation of training programs and initiatives
CAREER4SEA Initiative Award
To be awarded to any organization or association that sparked, initiated, implemented or promoted any idea to either develop or attract new generations in shipping
CAREER4SEA New Generation Award – Men
To be awarded to any individual men (below the age of 50) that has either achieved a remarkable career milestone in shipping or contributed towards acting as a role model to attract new talent in shipping industry
CAREER4SEA New Generation Award – Women
To be awarded to any individual woman (below the age of 50) that has either achieved a remarkable career milestone in shipping or contributed towards acting as a role model to attract new talent in shipping industry
CAREER4SEA Personality Award
To be awarded to any personality that has contributed towards attracting younger generations in shipping
Awards are subject to the following procedure, terms and conditions.
Nomination and Voting Procedure:
- Notification procedure is initiated few months ahead of the event with an open invitation to the industry stakeholders to propose nominations on the web. Nominations are valid only with an online submission completing the form below and can be made by any individual involved in shipping, limited to one nomination per category per person. All nominations MUST be in English language and provide a clear indication of the reasons behind the nomination (as appropriate).
- SAFETY4SEA Editorial staff will review all nominations for validity in line with rules, terms and conditions announced.
- Awards shall be presented to winners at the opening of the CAREER4SEA Virtual Forum.
Terms and Conditions:
- Nominations: 2020 CAREER4SEA Virtual Awards are open for nominations till Friday, 16th of October 2020. Valid nominations will be reviewed by the editorial staff.
- Eligibility: Only work or achievements taking place within the last 18 months (2019-2020) will be eligible. Each nomination to meet the award description and specified entry criteria.
- Awards Announcement: Awards shall be presented to winners at the opening of the CAREER4SEA Virtual Forum.