Ever Given in Suez Canal: Implications, Best Practices and Lessons learned
WED 31 MAR 2021
09:00 LONDON | 11:00 ATHENS | 17:00 SINGAPORE/MANILA
Ever Given had an incident that resulted in blocking the Suez Canal since March 23, hitting the headlines across the globe. Without pointing fingers, focusing on solutions, consequences and next day lessons to be learned for the industry we would like to discuss current and next day implications:
- Should we be surprised by the incident and what it means for global trade?
- What are the challenges from safety, technical, security, operational, Salvage perspective for a mega ship transiting the canal?
- Is this the worst case scenario that we may experience and/or what would have happened in other scenarios either in the same location or other choke points across the globe?
- As the industry is in love with mega ships, should we consider this a wake-up call? Are we past the control point?
- Incident is making headlines in major media outlets across the globe: Is shipping ready to handle such an incident, the aftermath and the communications crisis?
- What went well? Are there any positive outcomes out of the case for the short and long term?
- Are there any best practices and lessons to be learned for the industry out of this case?
C Solutions Limited
Margetis Maritime Consulting
VP Commercial and Risk Management
In order to attend the video talk please revisit this page at the premiere time/date as indicated here.
No need to register in order to attend, you may enter the page and video will be embedded here.
After the premiere video will be available at the SAFETY4SEA YouTube Channel
Thank you for your interest and trust we see you in one of our future talks!