9th SAFETY4SEA Virtual Awards
2024 SAFETY4SEA Virtual Awards Ceremony due on October the 30th!
SAFETY4SEA is delighted to announce the SAFETY4SEA Virtual Awards for the ninth consecutive year within the scope of fostering Safety Excellence & Sustainable Shipping. The process to be employed is a combination of open nomination and vote from audience and the industry panel of experts while the presentation shall take place at a dedicated special virtual event on Wednesday, 30th of October 2024.
The Award categories are:
SAFETY4SEA Dry Bulk Operator Award
Open for nominations to any ship operator of bulk carriers, or general dry cargo vessels that demonstrated safety excellence and performance above average in any aspect of maritime activity
SAFETY4SEA Tanker Operator Award
Open for nominations to any ship operator of oil or chemical tankers, or gas carriers that demonstrated safety excellence and performance above average in any aspect of maritime activity
SAFETY4SEA Sustainability Award
Open for nominations to any organization that contributed towards sustainable shipping
SAFETY4SEA Training Award
Open for nominations to any organization that provided a significant achievement or breakthrough or significant contribution in any aspect of maritime training
SAFETY4SEA Technology Award
Open for nominations to any organization that provided a significant technological achievement or breakthrough or significant contribution in any aspect of maritime safety activity
SAFETY4SEA Initiative Award
Open for nominations to any organization or association that sparked, realized, or significantly contributed in any initiative fostering safer and sustainable shipping
SAFETY4SEA Personality Award
Open for nominations to an individual that provided industry influence and contributed towards safer shipping
SAFETY4SEA Leadership Award
Open for nominations to an individual that has provided industry leadership and contributed towards safer shipping throughout his/her career
Awards are subject to the following procedure, terms and conditions.
Nomination and Voting Procedure:
- Notification procedure is initiated few months ahead of the event with an open invitation to the industry stakeholders to propose nominations on the web. Nominations are valid only with an online submission completing the form below and can be made by any individual involved in shipping, limited to one nomination per category per person. All nominations MUST be in English language and provide a clear indication of the reasons behind the nomination (as appropriate).
- SAFETY4SEA Editorial staff will review all nominations for validity in line with rules, terms and conditions announced and place all valid nominations to the website for the online Open Vote in line with the deadlines announced.
- For each category, winner will be the nominee that has achieved the bast ranking based on both open online voting (50%) and Industry Panel of Experts (50%) at the end of the open voting period. For the open voting, one vote per person per category will be allowed.
- Awards shall be presented to winners at a dedicated special virtual event on Wednesday, 30th of October 2024.
Terms and Conditions:
- Nominations: 2024 SAFETY4SEA Virtual Awards are open for nominations till Friday, 24th of May 2024. Valid nominations will be reviewed by the editorial staff and put to online open vote on events.safety4sea.com, supported by social media and e-mail campaigns.
- Eligibility: Only work or achievements taking place within the last 18 months will be eligible. Each nomination to meet the award description and specified entry criteria.
- Online Open Vote Procedure: Only one vote is accepted per award category. Vote will be open till 13th of September 2024.
- Awards Announcement: Awards shall be presented to winners at a dedicated special virtual event on Wednesday, 30th of October 2024.
Please fill in below form to submit your nomination